VP, Tax - Highly acquisitive company!
- Chicago, IL
A leading global sustainable energy company is hiring a Vice President, Tax to their expanding team!
The VP, Tax will be the key person overseeing all global tax planning and compliance matters across their business worldwide. They are looking for someone to lead the development and implementation of global tax strategies, tax structuring for transactions, tax compliance, audit, financial reporting, and more! Essentially you would be stepping into a super high-level role working with leadership across accounting + finance and leading the charge on a lot of really interesting work!
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 15+ years of experience in tax and accounting functions, with strong technical knowledge and a demonstrated progression of managerial responsibility.
- “Big 4” firm experience highly desired for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required; Master’s Degree in Taxation, CPA, or JD/LLM required.
- Technically proficient in partnership tax law and international tax with tax structuring and planning experience.
- Extensive experience providing technical tax advisory and structuring support for commercial transactions.
- Experience leading global tax compliance. The Company has a complex tax structure with over 500 tax compliance filings annually.
- Experienced in short-term and long-term tax forecasting with preferable experience with incorporating foreign tax credits, business-specific tax credits, recapture, and managing ordinary versus capital gain dynamics.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to earn credibility and work collaboratively across functions including Accounting, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis, Risk Management, Structured Finance, Portfolio Finance, M&A, and Development.
- Solutions-oriented and collaborative – able to quickly identify structural flaws and to propose alternative solutions to preserve commercial goals.
- Ability to demonstrate and articulate an understanding of complex tax concepts, including non-tax professionals.
- Experience using complex financial models.
- Prior experience in the energy, power generation, or infrastructure space is a plus.
- Experienced and effective in negotiating engagement letters or contracts with tax service providers with the objective of achieving excellent commercial terms for the company.
Wednesday, December 16, 2020