Financial Analyst & Global Fixed Asset Accountant
- Long Grove, IL
In this role, you will be part of the global accounting & finance team that provides senior level management with insightful business analysis, monitoring of capital expenditures. You will also partner closely with several accounting & finance leaders across the globe. You will work cross-functionally to help the business achieve strong, profitable growth and review/assess accuracy of data and assumptions used to develop capital request forms as well as monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recording of fixed assets. The role involves working with large and complex data in a global manufacturing environment to identify trends and help make profitable decisions.
- Help lead, track, and analyze gross margin/profit on major customers and specific product lines. Provide detailed explanations for margin variances to budget/forecast, and product proposals.
- Analyze gross margin by customer and product group compared to budge/forecast expectation.
- Assist in annual budgeting process.
- Assist in the development of a global capital expenditure reporting and analysis format
- Review assumptions used when developing capital request forms to ensure that they are accurate and payback period/IRR rates calculated are obtainable.
- Ensure fixed assets are properly accounted for by monitoring the end-to-end process including classification, useful life, acquisitions, transfers, depreciation, disposals, and reporting.
- Monitor and report on CIP (Construction in Progress) and work with global locations to ensure timely capitalization of projects.
- Assist with other ad hoc/special projects as requested.
- B.S. Accounting or Finance
- Possess strong MS Office skill set, especially within Excel.
- Analytical, self-motivated, able to work alone or within a team in a fast pace, global environment.
- Requires ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
Thursday, March 9, 2023