- Downers Grove, IL
A $8B distribution company located in the western Chicago suburbs is hiring a Senior Accountant to their growing team!
The Senior Accountant is a key member within the Corporate Controller group and supports the technical accounting and research function. This position will review technical accounting matters and present conclusions for consideration.
- Support the company’s accounting and financial reporting policies process by preparing footnote and other areas requiring technical expertise.
- Assist on the quarterly review for impairment of long-lived assets as well as the annual goodwill impairment assessment.
- Work with policy owners to ensure financial policies are clear, accurate and current with respect to U.S. GAAP
- Partner with internal/external auditors, and other functional areas within the company to collaborate and identify improvement areas
- Review new or revised contracts including contracts for customers for revenue recognition determination, leases, other procurement contracts
- Participate in accounting research and compliance activities, acting as a technical accounting resource.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required.
- 5+ years accounting experience, manufacturing or distribution industry experience is desired
- Strong US GAAP and technical accounting and/or external reporting experience is required.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize and meet deadlines.
This company is focused on contributing to products that increase quality of life in the food, pharmaceuticals, personal care, coatings, and energy industries. They are growing quickly and show no signs of slowing down!
Tuesday, September 27, 2022