Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting
- Bolingbrook, IL
Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
A Carbon Free, Zero Emission vehicle manufacturer is looking to hire a new Senior Accounting Manager. The company has recently gone public and is in growth mode!
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
This position will play a critical leadership role in the finance and accounting function supporting the Company’s strategic priorities. A successful candidate will leverage a strong accounting background, business experience and the ability to collaborate, to drive the Company’s objectives forward. This role will provide leadership in the areas of technical accounting, providing accounting support in response to strategic business developments, the modernization of internal controls and the standardization of core finance processes. This role reports to the Chief Accounting Officer.
- Lead Global consolidations process. Ensure Financials statements are prepared as per US GAAP.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of accounting including the monthly close process, general ledger, fixed assets, inter-company & consolidations
- Assist with coordination of statutory reporting, transactional tax and income tax provision.
- Maintain and communicate accurate foreign exchange rates in accounting systems to support proper consolidation and valuation in addition to preparing CTA validation and FX impact schedule, as needed.
- Be the point of contact for all intercompany and consolidation accounting processes and related issues (intercompany sales, loans, payable settlements, transfer pricing, intercompany reconciliations and summary schedules, etc.).
- Responsible for identifying and implementing process and system improvements with the goal of decreasing days to close, while also improving team efficiency and scalability.
- Assist with preparing and review balance sheet and income statement analytics as well as develop & refine quarterly reporting packages.
- Support international accounting teams in analysis and resolution of accounting, control or audit issues and finance/accounting analysis of significant new, unusual or complex transactions.
- Liaison with external auditors and assist with coordinating financial statement audits.
- Maintain the integrity of the global chart of accounts
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations, as well as preparing and/or reviewing financial reporting and flux analysis.
- Anticipate executive management reporting needs, and deliver timely, accurate and insightful management reporting/analysis.
- Have a strong understanding and application of US GAAP on all major accounting areas and ensure compliance of processes to GAAP.
- Proposes recommendations for changes and improvements to accounting policies/procedures. Drives and partners with cross-functional teams to develop and implement approved changes.
- Lead the modernization of the internal control and SOX compliance management program
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of accounting / audit experience
- CPA, active status, with thorough knowledge of US GAAP is required
- Experience or knowledge of auto industry is preferred
- Big 4 or a national accounting firm experience and industry experience is strongly preferred
- Advanced understanding of US GAAP and core accounting concepts with experience in their application to complex contractual and transactional arrangements
- Manager or higher experience auditing public company financial statements and internal controls over financial reporting
- A high level of integrity, excellent judgment and analytical skills, and the ability to identify issues
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic and fast paced work environment
Friday, January 21, 2022