M&A Manager - International Manufacturer
- Lake Forest, IL
International Diversified Manufacturer with $2B+ in Annual Revenue is growing via both organic growth and acquisition and is looking to hire a new M&A Manager
Mergers and Acquisitions Manager
This integral hire will provide support for all phases of mergers and acquisitions opportunities and projects for the company, including industry research/targeting, transaction modeling, due diligence and overall transaction execution.
- Manage initial acquisition project screenings through company research, consultation with current operating companies and industry reviews.
- Develops and performs analyses including financial models and forecasts related to proposed business development projects and existing projects. Builds business cases and performs valuations for the company’s M&A activity.
- Performs valuation analyses using discounted cash flow, return analysis, earnings per share accretion and comparable multiples utilizing multiple techniques.
- Manages the preparation of offers, including Indications of Interest and Letters of Intent. Assists with the negotiation, development, and review of definitive agreements, working capital targets, and post-closing adjustments.
- Leads due diligence reviews of merger and acquisition projects. Performs business and financial due diligence, as well as coordinates functional diligence reviews such as accounting, tax, legal, environmental, human resources, IT, etc.
- Develops/validates key negotiation points working with cross functional teams.
- Prepares and participates in the presentation of opportunities to the company senior executives.
- the domestic and international home and security markets and industries to uncover prospective acquisition targets. Evaluates the competitive landscape by preparing competitor benchmarking analyses and earnings evaluations. Analyzes and assesses strategic and financial information of potential acquisition targets.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned which may include on-line database searching, M&A scenario analysis, ad-hoc reporting, competitor intelligence gathering, capital budgeting, etc.
- Lead assessment of new product categories; understand the dynamics of these markets, analyze existing players, and assess alternative market entry strategies.
- Work collaboratively with operating company leaders to support a range of strategic initiatives including corporate strategy, strategic planning, portfolio strategy, and business restructuring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or . MBA or equivalent desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, financial planning and analysis or in a previous corporate development role.
- Possesses data modeling skills, including demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel, sufficient to create complex queries, build complex/efficient financial models, create macros and modules, and summarize key findings from database downloads.
- Ability to develop, manipulate, and present complex financial models and to analyze complex financial statements.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member under deadline pressures; set priorities; respond to changing demands from multiple sources.
- Ability to effectively present financial data to senior management and business partners.
- Analytical and skills and demonstrated planning and organizations skills.
- Understanding of valuation techniques and related accounting concepts and financial theory.
Thursday, November 5, 2020