Risk Portfolio - Audit Director and Senior Audit Manager Openings
- New York, NY
Risk Portfolio - Audit Director AND Senior Audit Manager
Our client, a well-renowned international bank, is looking to hire at the Director and Senior Manager level for their Risk Portfolio team. These roles will focus on leading the Risk Internal Audit team and conducting audits in the areas such as Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk, Model Risk, and Capital Stress Testing.
- Develop a comprehensive audit plan for the Risk Portfolio that addresses key regulatory requirements/expectations and provides a sound third line of defense risk-based coverage
- Provide oversight in the execution of the audit plan through the review of detailed project plans that effectively incorporate appropriate risks, scope, staffing requirements, deliverables, timelines, budgets and client availability
- Demonstrate a forward-looking mindset to anticipate what is needed to timely meet objectives and department needs
- Oversee and manage multiple engagements at one time
- Participate in certain committees of the US Region to increase understanding and awareness of current issues and new developments
- Guide department personnel in their careers and provide learning opportunities through coaching and mentoring activities
- Collaborate with team members in Enterprise Internal Audit to ensure a consistent approach to auditing risk and ensure there is a robust exchange of information and ideas
- Provide guidance to the team in all phases of an audit as needed
- Expand the operational audit team’s knowledge of key banking requirements / regulatory expectations in the areas of risk management
- Prepare or review meaningful, relevant, and well-supported audit reports
- Effectively communicate findings to various levels of management
- Translate broad business strategies and key initiatives within assigned areas into effective, risk-sensitive audit plans
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit – US Region in executing and evolving department strategy and governance
- Set the proper tone and culture for the department
- Contribute to the positive and team-oriented culture by maintaining cooperative relationships (assisting other project teams when necessary), facilitating the resolution of conflicts, sharing information, and accepting and providing feedback
- Work closely with management to promptly resolve any concerns that may arise and build trust. Serve as a business advisor and partner by providing the business unit and senior management with advice related to business issues and controls
- Demonstrate commitment to professional growth by assuming progressively more challenging assignments (in-line with standard audit career progression), proactively seeking relevant education and training opportunities and expanding professional network
- Represent the Head of Internal Audit – US Region in meetings with Audit Committee/Regulators as needed
- Ensure compliance with IIA Standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Experience working in an Internal Audit department at a large US bank focusing on audits of the risk program (ERM, ORM, Model Risk, Capital Stress Testing, etc.) or at a banking regulatory agency with experience overseeing large US banks
- Strong knowledge of US banking regulations, including Regulation YY
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to work independently in areas of difficult or complex nature
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage shifting priorities
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- High level of expertise in collaboration and communication with internal and external parties
- Exemplify a positive attitude, strong work ethic, teamwork and professionalism
- Ability to travel (10%)
Things to get excited about:
- Excellent leadership who value your career development and a healthy work/life balance.
- A culture of inclusivity where all team members genuinely appreciate one another.
- Outstanding benefits package, including 4 weeks of paid time off, 401K match, flexible remote work, little if any travel.
Don't miss out on this chance to take your career to the next level. Apply today!
Wednesday, April 26, 2023