Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
- Northbrook, IL
Our client, a global industry-leading manufacturing organization responsible for creating and distributing a product required to support life on earth, is currently seeking a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst. This role will be responsible for accounting and reporting related to technical accounting areas for new and unusual transactions, participating in the preparation and review of the Company’s Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, and participating in the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Technical accounting related to significant or unusual transactions, including performing work on and documenting acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, supporting strategic initiatives, and other transactions, and discussing conclusions reached with senior management and the external auditors.
- Work as a point of contact for internal departments, such as Raw Materials, Supply Chain, Sales, Human Resources, Legal, UK Finance, and others to identify significant or unusual transactions requiring accounting and financial analysis.
- Implementation of new accounting standards.
- Assists with monitoring the development of new and revised reporting rules and regulations (issued by the FASB, SEC, and IASB, among others) to determine if new pronouncements impact the organization.
- Assists with the preparation of financial statements and reports for external issuance, in compliance with the accounting and reporting requirements of the SEC and FASB, including footnote preparation, review of financial statements and materials prepared by Investor Relations.
- Technical accounting and reporting for areas such as natural gas and foreign currency derivatives, stock compensation and EPS, revenue recognition, lease accounting, asset retirement obligations and pension and post-retirement benefits.
- Develop and maintain internal controls and processes over the above areas, identifying potential areas for improvement and deficiencies in currently existing processes.
- Supports all internal and external audit activities at the consolidated and local level including the creation and support of thorough audit documentation and resolution of internal control findings.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting is required
- CPA certification and maintenance of continuing education requirements is required.
- 5+ years of diversified accounting experience with accounting systems, internal controls, accounting procedures, and related technical pronouncements.
- Knowledge of financial reporting rules and regulations, and the ability to apply business and financial concepts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. SAP S/4 HANA experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to make sound business decisions in complex and ambiguous business environments.
They offer VERY generous compensation packages, 401K matches, pension plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Above all, the culture and people are what make this a great place to work.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity - apply today!
Friday, August 11, 2023