Payroll Analyst - Canadian
- Gurnee, IL
Canadian Payroll Specialist
A Fortune 500 scientific research company that employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries is looking to hire a new Payroll Specialist to the team with a focus on their Canadian operations!
- 401(k) with Match :: Employee contributes 2% and company contributes 5%
- Company funded Pension Plan in addition to 401(k)
- 8 week paid Paternity and Maternity leave
- Annual Bonus
- $15K in annual health and wellness benefits
Payroll Analyst - Canadian Payroll in North Chicago, Illinois
The Payroll Analyst will be responsible for Canada processing and correcting payroll transactions for specific countries as assigned (generally smaller, less complex countries or assisting with larger, more complex countries), supporting pre-payroll activities, year-end payroll activities, reviewing and verifying files generated internally or by global payroll vendors (GPV), enforcing key payroll deadlines, as well as answering employee/manager queries.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and/or with Global Payroll Vendor (GPV) to process payroll and resolve payroll transactions that are in error.
- Review and validate payroll files (eg. Payroll Reconciliation File, Bank File) and reports generated internally or by the GPV and approve for processing.
- Support pre-payroll activities (eg. finalize data entry, review master data file quality, and confirm time/payroll data completeness).
- Assist in resolving input errors (and other errors) from the third-party vendors or AbbVie stakeholders performing root cause analysis
- Support Year-End Payroll processing activities (eg. develop and provide payroll calendar, review year-end tax reports and notify employees of availability of tax information)
- Respond to partners (Tax, Treasury, Finance and BHR) about questions or issues they have raised around payroll data and/or payroll reports
- Answer employee questions or assist GPV with other queries it cannot resolve
- Navigate within the Workday environment and analyze data extracted from the platform
- Operate under general or minimum supervision and perform duties with broad latitude for judgment
- Generate reports from our information systems, analyze the data and identify collectibles
- Maintain detailed audit trail and organized system
- Support in audit requests providing the reports and proof of evidence as requested
Requirements and Preferred Skills
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Finance or Accounting.
- Extensive Canada payroll operational experience.
- Working knowledge of Payroll ERPs and experience integrating with 3rd party applications.
- Strong customer orientation and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, as well as to get results through teamwork and coordination with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Good analytical and process diagnostic skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture. Strong spreadsheet and database skills. Continuous improvement orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and requests.
Monday, January 27, 2020