Internal Controls Manager
- Downers Grove, IL
As the Manager of Internal Controls, you will support the overall management, design, documentation, implementation, and training of the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) program for the system. This role can be based in the greater Milwaukee or Chicago Area.
- Supports the overall management, design, documentation, implementation, and training of the internal control over financial reporting program for the system.
- Oversees annual planning procedures for the internal control over financial reporting program, including detailed risk assessments, business process scoping, and materiality assessments.
- Working directly with the key business process owners, assists with the design and documentation of key controls and risks. Serves as a liaison between the Accounting and Audit functions of the organization to develop well-controlled and well-documented financial processes. Consults with key business process owners to implement financial process improvements.
- Lead and oversee the annual testing of operating effectiveness of key controls over financial reporting, including coordination with the internal and external audit teams.
- Manages the quarterly assessment of operating effectiveness of controls over financial reporting by the key control owners. Collaborates effectively with key control owners to understand, assess, and document changes in controls and risks as a result of changing systems and processes.
- Works with the key control owners to develop and implement remediation plans for deficiencies identified related to key controls. Tracks the deficiencies identified, remediation plans and the related status of those remediation plans to report to senior leadership and the Audit and Compliance Committee.
- Coordinates cross-functionally with members of Information Technology and Internal Audit on the design, implementation, and operating effectiveness of IT General Controls.
- Educates accounting and finance personnel regarding internal controls over financial reporting, including communicating expectations and roles of each individual related to the organization’s internal control over financial reporting program.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of an effective system of internal controls that protects the assets of the organization, creates timely, accurate and complete financial reporting, promotes compliance with laws and regulations, and drives continuous improvement in effective and efficient operations.
Licenses & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) issued by a State Board of Accountancy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
Required Functional Experience
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in accounting, internal controls, and financial reporting with a large, complex organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP, SEC rules and regulations, PCAOB standards and the COSO controls framework. Demonstrated experience in researching accounting literature, including FASB, SEC, PCAOB, and AICPA rules and regulations. Significant experience with internal controls over financial reporting and the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
- Demonstrated strategic influence skills, tactical planning skills, time management skills and conflict resolution skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate/collaborate effectively. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or similar products. Strong background and experience in the preparation and review of health care financial statements and specific account analysis. Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze the underlying business and its implications on financial accounting and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading complex projects through all phases. Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities within tight time frames.
- Strong leadership skills to initiate and drive process improvements and ability to influence others. Self-motivated, able to work independently, and capable of carrying a project through to successful completion.
- Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) program development or audit experience highly preferred.
Friday, October 28, 2022