Senior Manager - Technical Accounting
- Northbrook, IL
A Fortune 100 employer in Chicago’s suburbs is looking to hire a new Senior Manager of Technical Accounting to their team!
This person will be responsible for overseeing and directing the accounting function for business units within the organization and other accounting functions across the organization. Typical responsibilities will include developing accounting policies, procedures and controls and implementing accounting systems. This role will also be in charge of timely and accurate preparation and reporting of financial information and ensuring that information adheres to GAAP and internal company policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, MBA or Masters Degree is a plus
- 4+ years of experience in an analytical role in accounting, finance, business management or audit
- Professional certification (CPA, CIA, etc.) highly desired
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- In-depth knowledge in at least 2 US GAAP topic areas (for example, lease accounting, revenue recognition, consolidations, business combinations, goodwill impairment testing, equity method investment (EMI) accounting, stock compensation accounting, software capitalization, pension accounting)
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- At least 2 year of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Things to get excited about:
- Generous PTO and Holidays
- Profit-sharing AND 401(k) with match AND Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Best-in-class healthcare and insurance benefits including not just insurance but subsidized flu shots, prescriptions savings, and more
- On-site child care
- On-site healthcare services
- Transportation reimbursement
- Free mental health counseling
- Free financial advice from CPAs
- Paid for Identity theft protection
- Adoption and legal assistance
Tuesday, June 22, 2021