Financial Operations and Analysis Associate - Real Estate
- Chicago, IL
A distinguished international Real Estate investment manager is looking to expand their team! They are hiring new Financial Operations & Analyst Associates to support really interesting areas with finance and operations of the business. The company is very successful in their industry, with over $44B in assets across the world.
These positions are all newly created due to growth and will have exposure to areas like investment budgets, transactions, fund operations, financial reporting, assets management activities, valuations, and more.
Successful candidates will be self-starters, highly collaborative, analytical and have a strong interest in Real Estate.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation and review of financial reports, supporting schedules, and related footnotes
- Compile and analyze investment budgets and business plans with the asset management and property management teams
- Liaise between fund administration, asset management, joint venture partners, fund clients, other internal Heitman groups, and other third party vendors
- Review analyses of budget variances relative to actual performance
- Review complex accounting transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, and waterfall calculations
- Work with third-party vendors, asset management, research, and acquisitions teams to prepare and analyze the quarterly property and debt valuations
- Calculate discounted cash flows, yields, distributions, income/capital estimates, net asset values, and returns (including time-weighted returns and IRRs)
- Prepare and maintain fund models and projections
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Internship - 2 years of relevant accounting or finance experience
- Experience with Argus, Yardi, and/or Power BI is a plus, but not necessary (all training will be provided)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage requests from multiple business partners under tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Wednesday, November 23, 2022
65,000 - 85,000