Senior Accountant- Heavy exposure to acquisitions and process improvement!
- Wheaton, IL
An Industry-leading holding company in the western suburbs is seeking a dynamic Senior Accountant to join their team!
This highly visible role will help the organization to streamline its technical accounting and reporting functions while being heavily involved with accounting for acquisitions, consolidations, and due diligence for acquisition targets!
- Research and analyze technical accounting matters impacting the organization. Prepare position papers and related analyses to support accounting conclusions reached as required.
- Assist with purchase accounting for acquisitions, including internal preparation of fair value estimates.
- Review the total company consolidation and determine/reflect adjustments required to achieve accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare financial statements, debt compliance calculations, and related certifications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of new accounting standards and work with the operating companies to analyze any potential impact to the company. Assist with the company-wide implementation of new accounting standards.
- Monitor potential impairment exposures and lead any fair value analysis required.
- Work with business units to understand and evaluate significant company-wide reserves and contingencies.
- Assist with the development/updating of accounting and financial reporting policies for the organization.
- Involvement in the preparation for and execution of the annual external audit. This includes responding to requests and inquiries from external auditors, gathering data from site locations and following up on any open issues.
- Prepare financial reporting and analysis for internal management needs throughout the year.
- Develop proficiency with the company’s consolidation software. Assist corporate finance in developing tools to improve the efficiency of the monthly reporting process. Provide ideas and solutions for automating data gathering and reporting processes.
- Assist business units and their related operating platforms to optimize use of the consolidation software and reporting capabilities.
- Manage the internal quarterly financials certification process.
- Assist in due diligence for acquisition targets as needed.
- Increase sophistication in reporting and analysis capabilities using Power BI
- Responsible for the general ledger and related financial statement submissions for real estate and other holding companies
- Assist in the administration of the corporate-wide electronic travel booking and expense reporting system
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- CPA a plus
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel
- Experience working with consolidation software (SAP’s Business Objects, Hyperion, etc.) a plus
Wednesday, June 9, 2021