Sr. Staff Accountant - Corporate Accounting
- Naperville, IL
Senior Accountant - Corporate Accounting
Buckingham Search is ecstatic to be supporting one of our clients which is a woman-owned and family-operated holding company that has executed an impressive aggressive acquisition strategy over the last 30+ years. To work here is to be part of the family, and to be part of the family means endless career opportunities that you decide are in your best interest.
The company not only invests in its own growth and the growth of its employees... but also they gift a huge sum of money and resources to philanthropic organizations and efforts. They truly care!
- Direct involvement in the corporate level month-end close routine, including preparation of journal entries, reconciling accounts and completing data submission requirements for various corporate departments and corporate monitored subsidiaries and investments.
- Maintain worldwide intercompany schedules and ensure timely reporting and communication with operating subsidiaries’ accounting staff.
- Participate in the monthly reporting process. Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual results from Corporate business units are submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure key corporate balance sheet accounts are reconciled to supporting detail on a monthly basis; maintain sufficient documentation such that all transactions are recorded and supported in the general ledger and appropriate sub-ledgers.
- Assist in the analysis of monthly corporate departmental spend and identify and understand significant variances from budget and forecast.
- Assist in administration of the corporate-wide electronic travel booking and expense reporting system; assist business platform representatives in resolving questions and issues.
- Involvement with the annual audit and preparation of year end schedules for financial and tax reporting. This includes responding to requests and inquiries from external auditors, gathering data from site locations and following up on open issues.
- Coordinate with colleagues across departments the receipt of various monthly, quarterly, and annual reports needed for accounting purposes.
- Assist with the annual budget process; compile historical data analyses for use by department managers; prepare budgets for various holding companies.
- Maintain a focus on process improvement; identify areas for potential efficiency gains.
- Assist in increasing sophistication in reporting and analysis capabilities using Power BI/Microsoft D365.
Skills & Relevant Work Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Highly capable in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel
Monday, March 30, 2020