Senior Accounting Manager
- Deerfield, IL
Senior Accounting Manager - Global Safety Organization
- Position: Senior Manager, Accounting
- Location: Deerfield, IL
- Schedule: Hybrid, 3 days on-site
- Position Type: Full-Time
Are you a results-driven accounting leader looking for your next exciting challenge? We have an incredible opportunity for a Senior Accounting Manager to join a global leader in the Safety sector!
As the Senior Accounting Manager, you will oversee the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of financial reporting for entities across the US, Canada, and Latin America. Working closely with a team of ~20 GL accountants, you'll ensure seamless month-end close procedures, supporting local statutory and tax reporting requirements. Your expertise in US GAAP will be essential in upholding accounting policies, and guaranteeing precise financials.
This high-profile role comes with a variety of responsibilities, including collaborating with corporate accounting and finance teams, business leads, legal, and executive management. You'll play a key role in process improvements, system upgrades, and M&A integrations. Additionally, your keen eye for internal controls will be invaluable in maintaining financial integrity.
- Accountable for accurate and timely monthly financials, including month-end reporting packages, for the legal entities in the Americas to the Corporate Accounting & Reporting teams.
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation and review of Entity level local GAAP financial statements and other financial filings and ensuring integrity of UL’s internal management reporting based on US GAAP.
- Responsible for timely and high-quality reconciliations and analytics for the accounts and entities in their scope.
- Oversee updates to entity-level board of directors on matters related to internal controls, financial reporting and external audit.
- Manages the work of the GL accounting team including oversight, accounting expertise, coaching team members, and providing development opportunities.
- Close involvement in special projects i.e. implementation of new accounting standards, process improvements, system upgrades and implementations, M&A integrations.
- Partners with business units and corporate functions to evaluate accounting impacts of large or unusual transactions.
- Leadership role in Account-to-Report Team – partner with other accounting managers around the globe, including Corporate Accounting, to meet collective department goals.
- Support various audits including SOX, Internal Audit, and External Audit.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- 8+ years GL accounting experience, including 3+ years in a managerial role
- Public accounting background preferred
- Global company experience, handling intercompany transactions and foreign currencies
- Strong Excel, Outlook, and MS Office skills required; Oracle experience is a plus
- Exceptional people management skills with the ability to build high-performing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives in a dynamic, international environment
- Demonstrates initiative and a drive for continuous improvement
If you're seeking a challenging role where you can showcase your accounting expertise and be part of a dynamic team, we want to hear from you! Apply today and take the next step in your career journey.
Apply here or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Tuesday, July 25, 2023