Director of Audit - Loop & low travel
- Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search is working with a leading insurance company that has an open Director of Internal Audit role because the previous person was offered a position in the business. This position reports into a VP of Audit who is trusting & approachable. He is known for supporting & mentoring his team while offering complete autonomy. He isn't a clock watcher and is looking for someone to pour into the Manager and 3 Seniors on the team.
Someone who is looking to transition his/her career into a growing yet financially stable organization that has exciting career opportunities and generous compensation packages would be excited about this role. The company moved to a brand-new office and has competitive benefits and perks.
- Manage the corporate business unit relationships/audits and be a key member of the Internal Audit leadership team that sets the strategy and vision for the internal audit department.
- Responsible for managing assigned staff, including hiring, development, performance management and compensation decisions. Responsible for scheduling of resources (internal and external).
- Develop the corporate business unit audit plan and keep it current by performing a quarterly risk assessment.
- Develop strong partnerships with senior business leadership across a broad set of business areas by providing strong contributions to risk management, governance and controls that deliver business value; participate in ongoing relationship management.
- Communicate broad business risk management, governance and control issues impacting business partners; proactively recommend the most appropriate/effective recommendations to decision makers including senior business management.
- Monitor changes in leading practices and innovation through ongoing involvement in professional associations, industry training and technical updates
- Ensure Audit Programs and test plans effectively analyze and evaluate the most important and relevant risks and controls.
- Analyze workpapers and risk and controls to provide expert consulting support to senior management regarding conformance to corporate policies and procedures, technical inquiries, audit planning and financial, operational and compliance governance and controls. Proven ability to interpret multi-disciplinary analyses.
- Develop and update audit and administrative processes and procedures to streamline activities to increase productivity.
- Maintain a strong network with external partners such as peer and industry groups, external auditors and co-source partners.
- Manage outsourced vendor relationships.
- Lead Internal Audit initiatives and projects.
- Review workpapers and provide review comments to audit team.
Wednesday, November 27, 2019