Senior Audit Manager - Compliance Team
- Chicago, IL
Senior Audit Manager - Compliance Team
We are seeking an experienced Senior Audit Manager with a strong background in Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance to join our client who is a well-renowned large international commercial bank. As a Senior Audit Manager, you will play a critical role in assessing and enhancing the bank's AML compliance program to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and industry best practices. This is a key leadership position that requires exceptional analytical, communication, and managerial skills.
*Hybrid in Midtown, NY or Chicago, IL
AML Audit Planning and Execution:
- Develop and execute comprehensive AML audit plans, ensuring coverage of all relevant areas of the bank's AML compliance framework.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify potential AML risks and gaps within the bank's policies, procedures, and controls.
- Lead and oversee audit engagements related to AML compliance, including scoping, testing, issue identification, and resolution.
Regulatory Compliance and Reporting:
- Stay current with all applicable AML laws, regulations, and guidelines, and ensure the bank's policies and procedures are in full compliance.
- Provide guidance to business units on AML compliance matters and work closely with them to implement corrective actions and improvements.
- Prepare comprehensive audit reports with clear and actionable recommendations for senior management and relevant stakeholders.
Stakeholder Management and Collaboration:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including senior management, regulatory agencies, and internal audit teams across different business lines and regions.
- Collaborate with other internal audit teams to ensure cross-functional coordination and sharing of best practices related to AML compliance.
Continuous Improvement and Innovation:
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the bank's AML compliance program.
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology and data analytics to strengthen AML monitoring and detection capabilities.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Lead and mentor a team of audit professionals, providing guidance, feedback, and support in their career development.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performing audit team culture, promoting diversity and inclusion.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in internal audit, risk management, or compliance within the financial services industry, with a significant focus on AML.
- Previous experience in a managerial or leadership role, demonstrating the ability to lead and motivate a team.
- In-depth knowledge of AML laws, regulations, and best practices, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing and enhancing AML compliance programs within a large commercial bank.
- Strong understanding of global AML regulatory requirements and expectations, especially in the context of an international bank.
Communication and Leadership Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex AML concepts to various audiences.
- Strong leadership qualities, including the ability to influence and drive change across the organization.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Abilities:
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to assess complex situations and identify potential risks and solutions.
- Relevant professional certifications such as Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Monday, July 17, 2023