- Mineola, NY
Buckingham Search is partnering with a university-affiliated medical center to secure a Compensation Analyst.
In this role, the successful candidate Working with the Compensation team is responsible for analyzing, proposing, implementing, and maintaining competitive, cost-effective, and legally compliant compensation programs that are consistent with the hospital s needs, goals, and mission.
- Acts as a strategic partner to department heads in relation to compensation services. Advises on the proper classification of positions, interpretation of job classifications, and the application of compensation policies and procedures. Recommends corresponding compensation levels and salary ranges.
- Assists with the Annual Salary increases.
- Prepares and accurately responds to salary surveys, ensures appropriate job matches, and thorough completion of questionnaires. Provides analysis and recommendations based on survey results. Researches, recommends and participates in new surveys based on the data results and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensures that job descriptions are accurately documented, current, thoroughly reflect the salient points of the job, and effectively differentiate each job. Provides advice and counsel in writing job descriptions and standards of performance for all new reclassified positions. Maintains the job description database for completeness accuracy.
- Assists the Manager in analyzing and determining the needs of the section.
- Reviews step increases before processing, audits the transactions for accuracy, and assists with questions. Assists with and provides guidance for the Nursing Certification Pay process.
- Serves as a mentor to other staff and provides coaching and guidance to other members of the section. Assists with orientation of new staff members. Provides partial coverage, assistance, and support to all members of the section.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration Resources, or related field.
- 3 - 5 years Compensation.
- 1 - 2 years Prior use of or responsibility for /HR database system.
- Strong communication (both oral and written), analytical, organizational, detail orientation, multitasking, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, interact with, and maintain functional relationships with personnel at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Professional inHuman Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional inHuman Resources (SPHR).
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification.
- 3 - 5 Compensation in care, academic, or research setting. Advanced Excel and/or Access skills.
Monday, February 11, 2019