Internal Auditor - Fortune 500!
- Northbrook, IL
A household name that champions the well-being of is employees and customers is hiring an Internal Auditor to their impressive team!
Headquartered in the suburbs of Chicago, they have a presence in more than 25 countries around the world and show no signs of slowing down.
Things to get excited about:
- Strong compensation packages
- 1-2 WFH days a week
- There is a ton of room for growth and advancement on this team and outside of it
- Great exposure to various departments and a lot of visibility into the company
- Great team that is highly regarded - other groups see them as consultants/experts and come to them for answers/ideas
- Very charitable organization
- Assists with Financial, Operational, IT audits, and/or investigations in accordance with audit programs through the application of established policies and procedures.
- Review and test the design and effectiveness of internal controls for a specific portion of the audit. Identify the need for recommendations and improvements in internal control.
- Attends kickoff and closing meetings. May assist in preparing the agenda for these meetings.
- Utilizes audit techniques to document and determine the effectiveness of internal controls (i.e. interviews, observation, flow charting, compliance substantive testing). Able to independently identify risks in a given process.
- May participate in investigations being performed by the Internal Audit function.
- Based on changes or new information arising in the audit process, adjusts to changes made to audit programs to address these changes.
- Identifies audit concerns, and communicates concerns, as identified, to management.
- Prepares draft audit findings including recommendations resulting from audit to immediate supervisor. Assists in preparing reports for reviews.
- Adheres to detailed project timelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, business management, computer science, quantitative analysis, or other business fields of study
- At least 2 years of experience in financial/operational auditing or information technology auditing.
- Certification desired (Such as CIA, CPA, CFE, or CISA).
- Experience working with internal control concepts (risk and control).
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required. A basic understanding of Microsoft Access desired.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, or regulations desired.
- Experience working with Sarbanes Oxley requirements desired.
Tuesday, September 15, 2020