Payroll Specialist at Top Law Firm
- Chicago, IL
Looking for a dynamic Payroll Specialist to join a top global law firm in Chicago! As the Payroll Specialist, you'll handle the bi-weekly transfer of payroll data, audit HR interfaces, and keep track of changing legislation related to all aspects of payroll. You'll also gain exposure to foreign payroll and assist in handling payroll inquiries. The collaborative team includes 4 Payroll Assistants, a Payroll Supervisor, and a Payroll Manager.
- Process bi-weekly transfer of payroll
- Compiles and inputs payroll data
- Set up, calculate and maintain employee wage garnishments.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Audits HR interface for accuracy with payroll records.
- Reviews data entry performed by self and peers.
- Collaborates with HR and other departments to ensure accuracy of payroll data.
- Files payroll records into HR database.
- Run bi-weekly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- Assist with year-end processes and reporting needs.
- Assist in handling payroll inquiries.
- Keeping up to date with changing legislation relating to all aspects of payroll
- Safeguard the departmental information from unauthorized users.
- Other initiatives and duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years of payroll processing experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel
- Experience with ProBusiness or ADP based applications such as WorkForce Now
- Experience with Report Writer and Rapid Runner Reports
- Experience with PeopleSoft
- Experience with WorkForce (Time & Attendance Systems)
- Experience at a law firm or other professional services environment
Monday, May 1, 2023