Financial Control Manager - Global financial firm
- Chicago, IL
Our client, a global financial service firm located in Chicago’s loop is seeking a Manager of Financial Control!
This firm specializes in serving the most sophisticated clients in the investment management, fund administration, and banking space by way of their exceptional employee base and highly strategic technology.
Things to get excited about:
- Full dental, vision, life, disability insurance
- 401k contributions on day 1. Match on day 90.
- Pension Plan contribution.
- Alternate work options (work from home a couple days a week after 90 days)
- 20 PTO days, and all banking holidays
- Family programs: including adoption assistance, Maternity leave, paternity leave, child development center on site, School visitation time
- Tuition Reimbursement ($12,000 per year)
- Onsite gym and gym discounts across the city
- Legal assistance, counseling, and other professional services
- Manage a team of at least 1-2 direct reports and assist with their professional development
- Provide ongoing feedback and performance evaluations for both local partners and partners internationally
- Review month-end net asset valuation packages and related client reporting, perform and review investor allocations, and review investor statements
- Lead major technology initiatives focused on increasing the scalability of our process and providing solutions to client mandates
- Review year-end Financial Statements and act as a point of escalation with external auditors and client to ensure accuracy of each fund’s annual reports
- Partner with senior leadership to build a high-performance team through learning, development, mentoring and recruiting
- Lead Financial Control working groups responsible for executing strategic initiatives
- A minimum of 4-7 years’ experience
- Experience with Investment Management and/or Financial Services; Hedge Fund specific a plus
- CPA designation a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting, Master’s degree a plus
- Big 4 public accounting experience or consulting experience a plus
- Ability to collaborate both internally and externally to manage a project from idea to implementation
Wednesday, November 27, 2019