Bookkeeper - Family Office
- Chicago, IL
A well-funded family office in the Chicago Loop is hiring for a Bookkeeper!
The Family’s wealth comes from a few renewable energy ventures and their family office has very diverse holdings from timber to the veterinary space to tech to food products and more. They also have considerable real estate holdings spanning entertainment to opportunity zone projects across the US among many others. This is a great opportunity to get diverse exposure in an investment-driven practice with great work life balance (~40 hours).
As the Bookkeeper, you are responsible for financial administration to a single-family client.
This position offers the opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing firm that encourages collaboration across the small team.
The candidate will:
- Perform bookkeeping, check writing and QuickBooks data entry functions
- Perform credit card and bank statement reconciliations
- Review all invoices for accuracy and obtain necessary approvals for payment
- Routinely correspond with property managers
- Collaborate with Controller to manage cash balances
- Compile information for tax returns
- Manage domestic payroll
- Prepare expense reports
- Prepare annual budgets
- Manage all personal property insurance
- Manage personal property database for multiple properties
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience working in a closely held private company is highly desired
- Detail oriented, well organized and a quick learner
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in a professional manner
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software and bill pay software such as bill.com
Friday, December 23, 2022