Renewable Energy - Project Accountant Openings
- Chicago, IL
Our client is a global leader in sustainable energy solutions with over 1,000 employees across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. They currently have THREE openings on their project accounting team - where you will have exposure to a variety of projects. The company is growing like crazy and has solar power, wind energy, and renewable geothermal plants across the world contributing to a cleaner, sustainable future.
- Prepare and review financial statements, including all monthly journal entries, to verify account balances for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Prepare project account reconciliation workbooks to support balance sheet and income statement balances and activity.
- Ensure accuracy of all general ledger information for the entire chart of accounts for all projects for which you would be responsible
- Support Asset Managers and Portfolio Finance Managers to maintain compliance with project debt and equity agreements.
- Assist with annual audit work papers and audit report preparation.
- Coordinate project treasury, banking, and cash flow analysis.
- Coordinate and take ownership of project issues with Asset Managers, Project Managers and Finance professionals.
- Assist Asset Managers in annual project budgeting process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA a plus
- 2-5 years of accounting experience.
- Multi-Site Organization or Public accounting firm experience preferred.
- Ability to adhere to monthly, quarterly and annual department-driven deadlines.
- Existing understanding and knowledge of GAAP.
- Familiarity with Excel and other Microsoft Office products is required.
- Strong coordination / organization skills with attentiveness to timelines.
- Understanding of variance / trend analysis with actual/budget/historical results.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Responsible, dependable and possessing an exceptional work ethic.
- Experience in power plants or utilities is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Oracle is preferred, but not required.
Tuesday, May 23, 2023