Senior Accountant, Revenue
- Chicago, IL
A $1B Global Media firm is hiring a Senior Accountant focused on Revenue Accounting! The Senior Accountant, Revenue is responsible for the processing, recording, updating, and reconciling of fiscal information in compliance with established policies for the Revenue group.
Things to get excited about:
- A collaborative, young team with hands-on management
- Clients include: Google, Levi's, Jim Bean, Nestle, and many more
- Flexible hybrid schedule with an easily accessible Loop office
- Super acquisitive company
- This Controller loves to promote from within and quickly
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records and other financial reports to assess accuracy and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Drive the monthly revenue close process, including deferred revenue, revenue accruals, prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, revenue reporting, and flux analyses
- Research and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities related to revenue and inventory
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
- Determine monthly accruals for unbilled revenue and cost of sales per internal accounting policies
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly, quarterly and year-end close related to revenue and inventory
- Assist in the improvement of the revenue and inventory processes
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses
- Experience analyzing revenue and cost recognition.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with financial systems, budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis and auditing. Big 4 or public company experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong background in Microsoft Office, highly proficient in Excel.
Tuesday, January 31, 2023