Senior Analyst, Tax Accounting
- Glenview, IL
The role will focus primarily on accounting for income taxes governed by ASC 740. It will be important to have a strong understanding of GAAP accounting and the consolidation process along with the ability to work in a dynamic environment. Assignments will include special projects focused on assessing the provision impact of various transactions and the implication of proposed or enacted changes in GAAP accounting standards and global tax regulations. In addition, the Senior Analyst will have the opportunity to work with various groups across the broader tax department to develop a knowledge base that will support advancement opportunities.
- Prepare and review US GAAP quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations.
- Prepare ASC 740 analysis related to valuation allowances, reserves, etc.
- Maintain the inventory of various tax attributes, including book\tax differences, Net Operating Losses, and Capital Loss Carryforwards.
- Compute and analyze provision to return adjustments.
- Work with management on forecasting the impact of transactions on cash paid for taxes and the effective tax rate.
- Prepare income tax footnotes and disclosures for 10Q and 10K filings.
- Assist with the preparation of journal entries for tax planning transactions.
- Update and adhere to quarterly and annual SOX procedures and control objectives.
- Identify process improvements by supporting automation and technology-related initiatives.
- Work with internal and external auditors on interim and annual audits.
- Collaborate with tax teams, corporate departments, and business units.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA, or MSA a plus.
- 2-4 years of Financial Accounting and Consolidation experience.
- Strong analytical and documentation skills.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize competing projects to meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply and adapt gained experiences/knowledge to new situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a collaborative mindset.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and HFM Consolidation Software.
Wednesday, November 2, 2022