Project Accounting Manager
- Chicago, IL
The Project Accounting Manager will be a key stakeholder in various business initiatives and will drive impact assessment and development of solutions that support key initiatives while ensuring implementation of internal controls and accounting processes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). While a focus of the role is to lead system enhancement efforts to enable the accounting function to better support the business, the role also is a key liaison with several internal business partners including marketing, engineering, supply chain, sales operations and financial planning and analysis.
- Act as a liaison to the broader enterprise in support of key operational and planning decisions.
- Participate in enterprise projects to ensure appropriate requirements are developed based on a solid understanding of financial systems, transactional flow and support testing.
- Review, operationalize and implement accounting enhancements to support the business.
- Develop innovative solutions as it relates to revenue accounting systems to ensure appropriate control over accounting and reporting, while also accommodating business needs for new products, pricing and promotions.
- Maintain a deep understanding and participates in the design of the flow of transactions through the billing system and interfaces to the general ledger and financial statements.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues impacting financial area of responsibility.
- Respond to complex financial inquiries of executive management providing requested information for use in effective management of the business.
- Ensure understanding of transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate accounting.
- Develop and coach team. Have awareness of each person's career goals, engage associates in regular development discussions, assess promotability and provide challenging tasks and assignments to promote development.
- Hold associates accountable by monitoring progress, results and deliverables, providing timely and constructive feedback and delivering performance improvement actions, if and when needed.
- Set performance direction by ensuring team goals align and support company goals and that these translate into concrete individual goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7 plus years of combined accounting and financial systems experience
- In depth knowledge of computer software, general ledger and financial systems
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong complex problem solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with all levels of management and associates
- Advanced computer competency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Friday, October 28, 2022