Senior Tax Technology Accountant - Large Telecom Organization
- Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search is working with a very well-known leading technology company that services over 5 million people daily. The company has consistently grown over the years and is looking to hire a Senior Tax Accountant of Technology to their team!
- Act as a team lead; training and mentoring less experienced associates.
- Ensure accurate customer taxation. Including ensuring system data is maintained to include current monthly tax rate updates, taxability decision changes due to legislative updates and customer exempt sales.
- Process monthly Vertex Communications Tax updates in the TOPS billing system. Validate updates to ensure proposed tax changes are correct and perform system testing of the update to ensure accuracy.
- Work within the TOPS Billing System environment to perform testing of TOPS end to end tax functionality. Documenting findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Communicate with IT and TOPS billing teams to explain system issues and resolve issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- Test and validate SAP general ledger reporting, query data, and other data gathered for use in the tax compliance processes to check for accuracy and completeness.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting, Business, or Information Systems.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in accounting, finance, or tax.
- Excellent data management skills including data mining capability.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products (Excel, Access, and Word).
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop recommendations for management resolution.
- Ability to communicate issues of a complex nature in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
Sunday, April 18, 2021