Tax Manager - Individual Taxes (1040)
- Chicago, IL
Tax Manager (Individual Taxes)
Our client is looking to add a Individual Tax Expert to their team to take over 1040 forms annually and own the department. Their main office is located in Chicago but they do have 2 offices located in the suburbs and this person can choose to sit from any one of their 3 offices.
What makes this firm different:
- Work environment: Very relaxed. Some people come in late and work late, others prefer to get in early and leave early. As long as you are getting your job done, you can find a schedule that works for you. They don't watch the clock, they let people's work product speak for itself.
- Technology: The Partners believe in investing in tools that help make the job easier. They invest in tools to help make that possible and are almost completely paperless. They use CCH Access.
- Culture is everything - The Partners are laidback and give a lot of autonomy to everyone on the team. Most people are both managers and contributors at the firm. It is an all-hands-on-deck mentality and everyone loves that. People genuinely enjoy working at their organization.
- Life insurance policy of $15,000 – Company covers premium 100%
- Health insurance – Company covers $600 a month of premiums for full-time employees. Any additional premium costs over $600 are paid by the employee through payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis
- Paid vacations/sick time
- Holiday pay – full-time employees
- Section 125 plan – any employee over 30 days (see Summary Plan Description for full explanation of benefits)
- Profit sharing (historically 5% of salary) – minimum 1,000 hours worked per year (see Summary Plan Description for full explanation of benefits)
- Long-term disability at 60% of salary – minimum 1,200 hours worked per year
- $3,000 bonus for passing CPA exam plus 32 hours of comp time for studying and/or taking exam.
- One-time reimbursement for CPA exam fee upon passing exam
The team is currently expanding their Tax practice to meet the growing needs of their company. They are looking for a Tax Manager who has technical tax knowledge specific to Individual Taxes (Form 1040).
The Tax Manager, Individual Taxes will be working to:
- Manage a team of individual tax return preparers on all phases of the engagement for multiple clients.
- Prepare and review complex individual returns regarding both accuracy and tax savings opportunities
- Effectively communicate return results to clients and field and discuss tax issues and concerns of individual tax clients
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on tax projects
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
Monday, May 3, 2021