Corporate Accounting Manager - Growing corporation!
- Chicago, IL
This critical Accounting Manager role will have a direct impact on the organization through the management of the Corporate Accounting process. You will lead and mentor a small team and ensure the proper preparation/maintenance of accounting records and financial reporting. In addition, you will contribute to the business through your ability to analyze numbers, problem solve and collaborate with other departments.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an international company that continues to grow! The organization supports its employees through healthy benefits like medical coverage, 5% 401k match, parental leave, wellness support, and tuition reimbursement. Apply today to find out more!
- Perform the month-end close processes for corporate entities including preparation of GAAP/IFRS financial statements and supporting journal entries and work papers, analysis of monthly results against the annual budget, re-forecasting GAAP/IFRS and Cash projections, and preparation of eliminations for consolidated assets.
- Coordinate with internal and third-party colleagues to ensure timely and accurate information flow, reporting, and issue resolution.
- Manage the annual audit process with the company’s third-party firm and prepare support schedules to assist with U.S. GAAP/IFRS audits, U.S. tax return preparation/filing, and other compliance reports as required.
- Interpret data results and translate it into a meaningful and easily digestible manner to all levels of the company, board members, and relevant third-party lenders.
- Review of A/P coding and descriptions for invoices and expense reports.
- Track pursuit costs and advances to other verticals in the organization.
- Understanding the percentage of completion method in accounting for developer fees.
- Account for property acquisitions, additions, and sales to properly record the gain/loss on sale.
- Manage the monthly reconciliation of joint venture investments utilizing the equity method.
- Own the implementation of efficiency improvements that accelerate or automate the mechanics and better secure the data.
- Experience with ledger cleaning and the ability to identify and troubleshoot problem areas on the balance sheet based on level of materiality.
- Manage a small team for daily, monthly, and quarterly tasks and coach towards career growth.
- A basic understanding of segment accounting.
- Assist in the quarterly valuation process.
- Reconcile books and records with other entities at the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required; CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience required; real estate and/or public accounting experience with a focus on corporate a plus.
- 2+ years’ experience managing a small team.
- Yardi Voyager experience a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word utilizing pivot tables, v-lookups, sumifs, index match, etc.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision while understanding the necessity of clear communication and coordination.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, and internal controls.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
Tuesday, February 16, 2021