Lead Accountant - Near public transportation!
- Chicago, IL
A national household name with headquarters in the Chicagoland area is hiring a Lead Accountant due to an internal promotion!
The Lead Accountant will hold a crucial role in guiding accounting projects including the implementation of new billing features, new products and promotions, and enhancing functionality in revenue accounting systems.
Excellent benefits/perks including:
- Health, vision, and dental on day one as well as wellness benefits
- Industry-leading 401k match + company-funded pension plan
- Parental and adoption leave/assistance
- Top of the line newly renovated office with cafeteria, free gym, and coffee shop on site
- Walking distance to public transportation!
- Cell phone allowance and tuition assistance
- Casual dress
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Community involvement and volunteer opportunities!
- As a team lead, take responsibility for training and mentoring less experienced associates
- Manage workload effectively and efficiently by prioritizing responsibilities
- Act as a representative of the Accounting department at critical cross-functional project meetings
- Ensure accounting transactions are executed in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and established standards of internal control
- Aid in the formulation of accounting requirements for new initiatives, products, and promotions
- Understand in detail the flow of transactions through the billing system and interfaces to the general ledger and financial statements
- Plan, document, and perform detail user acceptance testing for new functionality with financial impacts, certifying that the billing and financial systems are recording transactions accurately to ensure financial statements stay in compliance with GAAP
- Actively seeks resolution of issues independently by understanding the causes and follows through to ensure results are achieved.
- Demonstrates a high level of ownership of assigned tasks and shows independent initiative where appropriate to achieve results.
- Help to ensure the team’s compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements for assigned areas, ensuring that internal controls are designed appropriately and operating effectively
- Review, research, and recommend improvements to financial and operational processes, analysis, reporting, and systems ensuring adherence to GAAP
- Support external and internal audit requests
- Respond to financial inquiries of operational management providing requested information for management of the business
- Coordinate accounting or reporting matters with other departments or functions throughout the organization
- Five (5) or more years of broad accounting experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensure preferred.
- Previous experience participating in ERP or financial system implementations and/ or upgrades preferred.
- Experience working with or within a public company with SEC reporting and SOX control requirements preferred.
Friday, May 22, 2020