Audit & Special Projects Manager - Growing Manufacturer!
- Buffalo Grove, IL
An international, diversified manufacturing company in the Chicago area is looking to add a new Audit & Special Projects Manager to the team!
The company acts as the holding company for a number of different industrial product brands and product lines. This role will be responsible for leading audit and special projects of the organization’s business units to evaluate the adequacy of the overall control environment and compliance with corporate policies and procedures in both design and application. This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside the CFO and Corporate Controller and have high visibility throughout the organization!
- Leading and/or participating in audits evaluating the adequacy of controls for company business units and/or key business processes, including:
- Assisting in the development of an audit approach and testing strategy for assigned audit projects to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated.
- Coordinating and participating in the completion of audit test procedures
- Assess compliance with policies and designated laws and requirements
- Communicating audit findings noted from the review to management
- Ensuring that work paper documentation supports the audit work performed
- Making or assisting in making oral and written presentations to management throughout and at the conclusion of the examination by discussing process and control deficiencies, recommending corrective actions and other suggestions for improvements in operations and/or reductions in costs.
- Preparing the initial draft of the audit report ensuring audit comments are clear, concise, and focused on the root cause of the issue.
- Establish a risk-based framework to develop corporate policies and procedures, focusing on the highest risk items first, working with various stakeholders
- Provide appropriate training and roll-out of such policies to global locations
- As required, providing assistance to external auditors during their interim and annual review of the company.
- As a global resource, participating in audit assignments as required in any location
- Participate in due diligence and other special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or finance and a CPA certification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience performing operational and financial controls audits
- Solid knowledge and understanding of internal auditing standards and techniques as well as general accounting methods, principles, and practices
- Experience leading full-cycle audit engagements with a large manufacturing and/or distribution corporation or a national CPA firm
- Proven ability to focus on details and perform all required procedures timely and with accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Knowledge and working background with SAP preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present data in an organized manner
- Presentation skills, the ability to communicate to an audience in a formal setting
- Makes sound decisions in a timely and confident manner
- Highly organized, results-driven and an ability to work in a fast-paced, global manufacturing environment handling multiple tasks
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to take initiative, to work independently of day-to-day supervision, and to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Thinks conceptually and intuitively, linking problems and symptoms to identify underlying causes and root issues
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Friday, September 11, 2020