Senior Internal Auditor - Flexible work schedule
- Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search is helping an energetic VP of Audit who captures the attention of motivated and eager audit professionals who don't want to be micromanaged or forced to watch the clock, but who excel in an environment where you have the space to get projects done, learn the business, and make an impact. If that means you work from 10a-2p because that's what it takes, great! Also, you'll not only get exposure to challenging audit projects but projects outside of the audit department as well.
- Planning and leading operational, financial and compliance audits of the business operations.
- Identifying risks by performing control evaluation and testing.
- Supervising other auditors during the audit, reviewing and approving other auditor's work, defining specific responsibilities and ensuring personal development of others through on-the-job training and mentoring
- Preparing reports on audit results and providing recommendations to management for review and implementation.
- Partnering with management to develop innovative business-oriented solutions to improve controls, mitigate risk, ensure process effectiveness and efficiency and meet corporate strategic objectives
- Evaluating and communicating financial and internal control best practices in use throughout the company and making recommendations for strengthening internal controls, improving operations, and reducing costs.
- Keeping the client and internal audit management informed of audit progress and issues identified.
- You may also be involved in performing special engagements for management, which might include due diligence, employee integrity certifications, policy reviews and working on investigations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in internal auditing, public accounting or financial/business operations. Other financial, accounting, process review, or analytical experience is strongly valued.
- Must have the ability and desire to travel - both international and domestic (30%).
Thursday, November 7, 2019