Staff Accountant Opportunity with a Fast-Growing, International Real Estate company!
- Chicago, IL
Are you an Accountant with 1-2 years of professional experience under your belt and looking to join a fast-growing, collaborative, and progressive team? Then this might be just the opportunity for you!
Our client, a global real estate investment management firm with headquarters in the Chicago Loop, is hiring a Staff Account for their growing team. This is an exciting role that will gain experience in many areas of the business and be involved in corporate, property, and draw accounting work.
In addition, the company has excellent benefits/perks and is moving to a brand-new office space this year!
- Assist in the month-end close process.
- Record journal entries and prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Complete and review monthly bank reconciliations.
- Coordinate with internal and third-party colleagues to ensure timely and accurate information flow, reporting, and issue resolution.
- Prepare support schedules to assist with U.S. GAAP audit, U.S. tax return preparation/filing, and other compliance reports as required.
- Review of A/P coding and descriptions on invoices and expense reports.
- Property accounting and reporting as properties become operational.
- Assist development accountants with timely processing of construction draws, including communicating with the title company/contractors and reviewing draws for accuracy and completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA or CPA candidate highly preferred.
- 1+ years of accounting experience required; real estate and/or public accounting experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager desired.
Apply today to learn more!
Monday, February 15, 2021