Senior Accountant, Derivatives - Energy Industry!
- Chicago, IL
A leading global sustainable energy company is hiring a Senior Corporate Accountant focused on Derivatives to join their team!
This role is super unique and will be responsible for monitoring, accounting, reporting, and analysis of business activity related to derivatives and financial instruments. In addition, the Senior Accountant will be instrumental in supporting the commodities trading function within the company, will serve as a business partner to the commercial executions team, and have a ton of exposure across the company.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 4-6 years of experience in accounting or finance.
- 1-2 years of experience working with ASC 815 and ASC820 required.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Experience with a Multi-Site Organization SEC Company or Public accounting firm preferred.
- Experience in the energy industry preferred, but not required.
- Existing understanding and knowledge of GAAP is required.
- Ability to adhere to monthly, quarterly, and annual department driven deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Familiarity with Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Strong coordination/organization skills with attentiveness to timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills – Able to work effectively in a team environment.
Monday, January 11, 2021