Senior Manager of Accounting Consolidations
- Aurora, IL
Buckingham Search is partnering with a hiring manager that we love and adore, who is looking for her right-hand-person to help lead the charge for all things consolidations!
The Senior Manager of Consolidation is a highly visible and key role within the Corporate Controller group and leads the global consolidation. This includes the execution of the global monthly close process, corporate consolidation, intercompany process, equity accounting, and working with the team to maintain effective internal controls. This role will also lead the business unit controllers in ensuring that various financial statement close responsibilities have been successfully completed. This position will be responsible for improving, streamlining and automating the existing consolidation process and helping develop a consolidation processes and infrastructure that is scalable. This position will be a key point of contact with the external auditors and will assist in the preparation of certain footnotes to assist the external reporting team. This position reports to the Director of Accounting and External Reporting and will be responsible for managing a team of Experienced Accountants.
Daily Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for the successful execution of the financial statement close and consolidation process in accordance with the financial reporting policy and internal controls, including the recording of consolidating entries and reconciliation of inter-company related transactions.
- Monitor the status of monthly close, through the creation of key performance indicators, and a focus on enhancing, streamlining and automating the existing close and consolidation process to yield timely and accurate results and to enhance scalability.
- Review and analysis of the financial results to understand trends and inconsistencies to allow for timely identification of reporting errors.
- Developing, coaching and leading the consolidation team.
- Key contact for the quarterly review and annual audit process with external auditors.
- Assist in the preparation of footnotes and related disclosures to support the external reporting process.
- Manage the accounting for equity and share transactions.
- Partner with the tax team to ensure the tax provision is recorded and review GAAP and adjusted tax rates.
- Manage the global statutory audits with local accounting teams and audit firm.
- Finance-led functional or cross-functional projects to support scalability and M&A activities.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, CPA required, with the maintenance of minimum CPEs
- 9+ years relevant accounting experience
- Strong accounting and reporting (US GAAP) knowledge.
- A mix of public accounting and industry experience will be preferred.
- SAP or Oracle experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence people and processes without direct responsibility.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize and meet deadlines.
Thursday, December 3, 2020