Senior Manager, Fund Accounting - Real Estate
- Palatine, IL
Buckingham Search is excited to be working with a full-service public accounting firm that partners with real estate companies, institutional investors, and other private equity real estate owners! They are in search of a Senior Manager of Fund Accounting to add to their roster.
They currently support more than 20 investment funds with over $5 billion in multitype real estate assets, a portfolio that continues to see growth - which is why this position has been created!
Their offices have access to green space, walking paths, and several shopping and dining options. The office suite features both single occupancy and socially distanced two-person offices, and a hybrid workplace that allows team members to split their time between home and office.
Responsibilities of the Fund Accounting Senior Manager:
- Co-manage the Fund Accounting team
- Participate in the coordination of workflow among fund sponsors, related-party and third-party property managers, asset managers and auditors, and Fund Team members
- Working with the Fund Team, other departments and clients to identify and resolve recording, accounting, and financial reporting issues
- Review monthly and annual consolidated financial reporting packages including the following formal fair value statements: Statement of Net Assets, Statement of Operations, Statement of Changes in Net Assets, and Statement of Cash Flows, in addition to client-specific Supplemental Schedules
- Oversee collection and organization of data received from fund sponsors and property managers
- Understanding and applying technical theories and concepts from NCREIF PREA (aka REIS) Reporting Standards as well as other technical accounting guidance
- Overseeing collection and compilation of data for quarterly property status and performance summaries for asset manager
- Reviewing, preparing, and updating footnotes for annual audited financial statements
The ideal candidate will have...
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA is strongly preferred
- Approximately 6-8 years of experience; Real estate experience is a plus
- Experience with multi-entity consolidation and analyses to determine if investments should be accounted for as consolidated joint venture or equity joint venture
- Strong Excel skills, Yardi or other real estate accounting software experience, including data transfers, preferred
- Ability to achieve results independently while collaborating effectively with clients, outside auditors, and internal team
Wednesday, January 12, 2022