Senior Associate, Financial Reporting
- Chicago, IL
The Senior Associate of Financial Reporting will support the accounting and external reporting needs of the organization. You’ll help drive the Financial Reporting team by preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports in compliance with GAAP and in accordance with lender and investor requirements. You’ll manage the distribution of hundreds of deliverables in accordance with contractual deadlines as outlined in lender and investor agreements. You are knowledgeable about accounting and reporting practices. You will be responsible for the preparation of monthly and quarterly variance analyses covering multiple reporting entities within the Company organizational structure, requiring research and investigation and communications with other teams.
Additionally, this person will assist in the performance of various other activities throughout the month to ensure transactions are recorded timely and completely, and you may also assist in preparing recurring journal entries in accordance with the period-end close of the Company, as well as ad-hoc projects, as required. You bring hands-on experience and passion to define and contribute to the Company’s overall accounting experience. This position is a hybrid role that resides in the Chicago office.
- Lead the preparation and distribution of internal and external financial statements, operational reports, and other required reports in compliance with lender, investor, and other requirements while maintaining the highest quality, reliability, and accuracy.
- Perform analytic reviews to interpret operating and financial performance and present findings to management.
- Manage a high volume of contractual and internal reporting deadlines simultaneously to ensure full compliance.
- Research and resolve accounting issues, including the evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP compliance.
- Collaborate with other teams within the organization including Operations, Treasury, and Internal Audit.
- Assist in the coordination and support of third-party auditors.
- Execute internal controls with a continuous improvement and ownership mentality.
- Weekly, monthly, and period-end closing duties, including the preparation of journal entries and reconciliations as required.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years of accounting experience preferred.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency is required.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen. Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining a continuous improvement mentality.
Thursday, March 9, 2023