- Chicago, IL
One of our favorite technology clients in Chicago is searching for an Accounting Manager to join their Operations Accounting team! They are working in a flexible hybrid model and have been named a Top Chicago Workplace multiple years in a row.
This person will be a key stakeholder in various business initiatives and will lead impact assessments, develop solutions for internal controls and accounting processes that ensure US GAAP compliance, and liaise with internal business partners including sales operations, supply chain, FP&A, and more.
- Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities (including journal entries and account reconciliations) and variance analysis are properly prepared, maintained and completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure understanding of transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial reporting
- Ensure journal entries, and resulting financial statement accounts are stated in accordance with US GAAP.
- Act as a liaison to the broader enterprise in support of key operational and planning decisions.
- Participate in enterprise projects to ensure appropriate requirements are developed based on a solid understanding of financial systems, transactional flow and support testing, if required.
- Review, operationalize and implement accounting for new products, services or contracts.
- Establish, maintain and consistently implement policies and procedures to ensure that internal controls are operating effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA required
- 7+ years of accounting experience required
- Advanced understanding of US GAAP and internal controls required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required
- Advanced computer competency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Working knowledge of general ledger and financial systems required
Thursday, June 23, 2022