- Chicago, IL
The Senior Internal Auditor is primarily responsible for the coordination and completion of internal audits. Additional responsibilities will include assisting in the completion of appropriate risk assessments to establish the annual internal audit plan, preparing internal audit reports and memos for review by the Internal Audit Manager, performing special projects and ad hoc assignments. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are required to effectively communicate audit issues to management. Technical auditing and accounting skills and excellent working knowledge of GAAP and the Company’s Financial Standards are required.
The Senior Internal Auditor must be detail-oriented, able to coordinate multiple projects, meet deadlines, effectively supervise audit assistants and be able to work in international operations.
- Execute the financial, operational, Sarbanes-Oxley and information technology based audit engagements.
- Working with Manager of Internal Audit, assist in the preparation of the annual audit plan by location/function based on the internal risk assessment processes.
- Maintain and update the internal audit programs and policies as necessary. Develop new audit programs as situations dictate.
- Prepare internal audit reports and memos for review by the Manager of Internal Audit. Ensure issues are clearly described and recommendations are sound and in accordance with Company policies and standards.
- Assist the Corporate group when available and as needed during quarterly and annual close and SEC filing periods.
- Perform and/or help coordinate SOX compliance testing on behalf of management.
Wednesday, November 22, 2023