Fund Accounting Manager - Top Voted Financial Services Firm
- Chicago, IL
Our client, a well-known asset manager with $55 billion in AUM, is looking to hire a Fund Accounting Manager. As the Fund Accounting Manager, you will play a vital role in supporting the growth of the firm and establishing a top-notch, customer-focused finance team while ensuring operational excellence. You'll be responsible for accounting and reporting for specific funds, as well as providing assistance to other funds, new projects, and miscellaneous inquiries. Your main focus will be on identifying and implementing process improvements, streamlining operations, and adopting best practices.
*This group offers some of the best benefits (generous 401K match, insurance paid for by the employer, flexible remote work, daily commuter benefits, hefty bonuses, & more).
- Lead accounting and reporting for investment funds, ensuring compliance with US GAAP and partnership agreements.
- Assist in launching new funds by reviewing legal documents, implementing month-end close processes, and collaborating with the Technology Solutions Team.
- Manage complex partnership agreements and account for investments, incentive fee arrangements, and partner allocations.
- Calculate and record fund-level expenses, such as management fees and incentive fees, in accordance with GAAP and legal documents.
- Review and prepare balance sheets, income statements, and monthly reporting packages for private funds.
- Support investor reporting requirements and prepare quarterly statements.
- Coordinate capital calls and distributions in collaboration with Investor Communications, Treasury, and Senior Leadership.
- Provide timely and meaningful fund and business reporting and analysis to Firm leadership.
- Assist in financial statement preparation and support independent auditors.
- Contribute to ad-hoc projects and requests.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with Fund Accounting and other Shared Services Teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of accounting experience in the financial services industry, including private equity, leveraged finance, or hedge funds.
- Combination of public accounting and industry experience is advantageous.
- Familiarity with IFRS and Lux GAAP is a plus.
- Strong accounting skills and proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Results-oriented with strong project management abilities.
- Familiarity with Workday, Wall Street Office, or similar packages is beneficial.
- Team-oriented with strong collaboration skills.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment under different Controllers.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking capabilities.
- Adaptable to a fast-growing team and environment.
- Willingness to learn, contribute to process improvement, standardization, and automation.
Wednesday, July 12, 2023