Project Accountant-Fast-Growing Renewable Energy Company Downtown!
- Chicago, IL
Our client is a leading, fast-growing, and global renewable energy company that pursues eco-friendly solutions to address the increasing energy and utility needs of the world. They have over 1000 sites in their network, millions of customers served, and 150+ active projects, and they are continuing to expand.
They recently decided to bring on 2 Project Accountants to their team!! This is a great opportunity for a staff accountant who wants to make an impact and change the world for the better. You will have the opportunity to assist leadership, take ownership of projects, and grow professionally!
The Project Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Examining financial statements, including monthly journal entries, to ensure that account balances are accurate and reasonable
- Developing project account reconciliation workbooks to support balance sheet and income statement balances and activities
- Ensuring the accuracy of all general ledger information for all projects under their responsibility
- Collaborating with Asset Managers and Portfolio Finance Managers to maintain compliance with project debt and equity agreements
- Assisting with the preparation of annual audit work papers and audit reports
- Managing project treasury, banking, and cash flow analysis
- Taking charge of project issues by working with Asset Managers, Project Managers, and Finance professionals
- Assisting Asset Managers in the annual project budgeting process.
The following qualifications are required:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting
- 1-3 years of accounting experience or relevant accounting internship experience, with a preference for those with an interest in renewable energy
- Basic knowledge of GAAP, with a willingness to learn more
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with experience in Workiva/Wdesk product and/or Oracle Fusion recommended
- A team player who can work effectively in a fast-paced environment and is detail-oriented with self-reviewing abilities
- CPA certification is preferred but not required.
Send your resume to email@example.com or apply directly here!
Thursday, May 18, 2023