Senior Accountant - Leading Utility Company!
- Fresno, CA
Buckingham Search is proud to partner with a leading company in the Utility industry to hire a Senior Accountant for their Fresno, California location!
This company is a leader in sustainability and uses green solutions to meet the world's ever-growing energy and utility demands through a network of 1000+ sites. Serving tens of millions of customers, they show no signs of slowing down.
In addition, they care for their employees with a comprehensive compensation package with industry-leading insurance options, as well as a stock purchase plan, company 401k match and more!
Applies highly complex principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports and coordinates the implementation of accounting control.
- Prepares highly complex journal entries for entry into the general ledger system on a monthly basis by collecting necessary data, analyzing and/or allocating costs, and preparing audit train support for the journal entries.
- Analyzes general ledger accounts for accuracy; analyzes accrual accounts to ensure proper accruals.
- Collects and analyzes financial data and prepares monthly combined financial statements and reports. Performs additional analysis for explanatory text required for reports and statements. Coordinates preparation of monthly financial package and reviews for accuracy.
- Participates in monthly financial meetings for discussion and review of monthly financial reports.
- Assists with the preparation of year-end closings. Prepares annual long-term and short-term financial statements in compliance with accounting guidelines and U.S. GAAP. Assists in the preparation of working papers for annual audit.
- Provides expertise and guidance to other Finance personnel for proper internal and external financial accounting procedures and their application.
- Assists with the preparation of annual budgets, updates, and strategic plans for assigned areas. Coordinates preparation of monthly combining entries to combine financial results.
- Prepares quarterly consolidation report for consolidation.
- Assists with the maintenance and application of internal controls.
- Prepares highly advanced financial reports in a timely and accurate manner; and completes individual analytical projects in a satisfactory manner given abstract project guidelines.
- Assists departmental managers/directors with the supervision of other clerical and professional staff of the department as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Accounting.
- Five plus years of accounting experience.
Tuesday, July 21, 2020