Senior Analyst - Internal Controls
- Deerfield, IL
The Senior Internal Controls Analyst assists in supporting the Manager, Internal Controls and Compliance with executing the Corporate-wide Internal Controls Compliance Program in accordance with the 2013 COSO framework, the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act of 2002 and professional and departmental standards. This position will also assist with the planning, execution and reporting of Operational Compliance Audits.
- Performs SOX compliance audits including evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of key controls in various business cycles including, but not limited to General Accounting, Cost Accounting, Financial Reporting, Benefits, Payroll, Inventory, Derivatives, Tax, Treasury, Revenue, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Lease, Master Data and Intercompany.
- Assists in the SOX scoping and risk assessment process in compliance with the COSO 2013 framework in coordination with external auditors and management.
- Plans, coordinates and executes audit test work, performs interviews, maintain detailed documentation of audit workpapers within the Internal Audit software tool while completing audit reports per professional and department standards.
- Reviews the relevance, reliability and integrity of financial reporting and operating information as well as the completeness and accuracy of reports used in the operation of the control.
- Evaluates test results through identifying systems, root causes, problems and identification of potential mitigating controls to evaluate the severity of findings and makes recommendations for changes as appropriate.
- Assists in the development of various training documentation for Internal Auditors and business stakeholders as appropriate.
- Assist Internal Audit staff or co-sourced resources with technical skills related to SOX and other related compliance testing and identify staff development needs.
- Assists the Manager, Internal Controls and Compliance in ensuring that the company, subsidiaries, and reporting units adhere to proper internal control practices including compliance with COSO guidelines and company policies and procedures.
- Performs ad hoc appraisals, inspections, investigations, examinations or other internal audit compliance related audits or projects as assigned by management.
- Advise management personnel through periodically reviewing and testing controls to ensure the internal controls are properly in place to monitor business processes as they are developed or changed.
- Assists in preparing written documents for auditees that summarize the findings of each audit. Assists in the development of action plans that will address each audit finding.
- Continually seek greater understanding of business processes, related risks and identify gaps between the risks and the controls within the process and advise business partners as required.
- Coordinates with external auditors to communicate our testing approach for key controls, and communicate compliance test results to maximize their reliance on Internal Audit’s work.
- Assist the Data Analytics (DA) team in Continuous Controls Auditing of high risk processes by performing follow-up and/or investigation of unusual patterns or trends identified through DA procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, or the equivalent in the required field.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in internal audit, public accounting, or equivalent experience in SOX compliance programs.
- Certification required; SOX related or CPA/CIA preferred; MBA or master’s degree in the field desirable.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills; professional and ethical demeanor at all times.
- Excellent communication and people skills, both verbal and written, with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, demonstrated prioritization and decision making skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Data Analytics is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive or confidential information and knowledge of IIA Standards and 2013 COSO Framework.
- Reasonable proficiency with PC and related software.
Position Scope /Contribution:
Contacts will include management personnel at the corporate office, plants and other various contractors. Incumbent will present audit findings, deficiencies, and conduct closing meetings to management including Vice-Presidents. Incumbent will produce recommendations with regard to improved internal control resulting in cost-savings to the company. Travel will be approximately 15% or less.
Wednesday, November 22, 2023