Manager, Technical Accounting
- Lisle, IL
Fortune 500 Manufacturer headquartered in the Western Chicago suburbs is hiring a Technical Accounting Manager!
This International, publicly-held, powerhouse is known for many things, one of the biggest being their commitment to developing talent and offering great long-term career opportunities and advancement roles! They also boast a strong compensation plan, generous annual bonus, and a strong benefits plan.
The Technical Accounting Manager plays a pivotal role in the accounting assessment and conclusion for some of the Company’s most complex technical accounting matters. This is a vital role in the company and will play a key role in developing and driving strategic decisions and improvements within the finance organization. The individual will contribute towards developing world-class accounting and financial reporting processes and controls to help prepare the Company for its continued future organic and acquisitive growth.
- Evaluate technical accounting issues related to potential or new acquisitions/investments
- Research and analyze technical accounting issues, assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements to the Company and write accounting conclusions/policies
- Analyze accounting and financial reporting considerations for complex accounting topics including; revenue recognition, leasing, stock-based compensation accounting, segment reporting, and other specific transactions
- Maintain and update company policies and procedures
- Mentor, train, motivate and manage a high-quality, high-performance team
- Train company personnel on new policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 6+ years of accounting experience
- 1+ years of lead experience
- CPA required
- Big four public accounting experience a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
Friday, May 10, 2019