Staff Accountant-Growing Investment Firm
- Chicago, IL
Our client is a growing investment firm in Chicago and they are seeking a Staff Accountant to join their growing team! The team is fast-paced and thrives on collaboration. As a Staff Accountant, you will be a master at routing items and information to the right processes. You will be exposed to a variety of different areas where you can develop and hone your skills, from investment administration, to tax and compliance, to performance reporting, to project management, and much more!
This is a new role that provides the opportunity to work directly with senior management and be in an environment where direct input is encouraged. Having an interest in coding/visualization is a plus because there is an opportunity to be involved in a ground-up data build!
- Responsible for and assisting cash flow reporting, forecasting and cash reconciliations.
- Manage incoming communications from investment managers and streamline communications between office and third parties
- Receive, archive, and process monthly and quarterly investment statements and maintain shared mailbox
- Maintain accurate and complete investment files/records in existing CRM, database, and excel models
- Preparation of subscription documents and collection and submission of backup as required
- Maintenance of corporate data records and preparation and filing of regulatory reports
- Maintain detailed records on and reconcile stock purchases and transfers
- Support investment team with quarterly valuation process, monitoring of individual investment performance, calculation of total returns, and ensuring timely delivery of investment treasury requests
- Support accounting team with banking compliance and new account creation, reconciliation of custodial and investment statements to accounting records, and month end securities reconciliation
- Assistance with preparation of management fees, carried interest, expense forecasts, waterfalls as needed
- Manage multiple requests simultaneously, ensuring that deadlines are met, and perform various ad-hoc and long-term projects as assigned
- Routinely handle confidential information and apply strict confidentiality and sensitivity in the dissemination of this information
- 0-2 years of experience corporate accounting/fund accounting
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field
- Knowledge of or experience in the investment management space is preferred
- Must be highly detail oriented, concern for the quality and accuracy of final work products is critical
- Experience in coding (SQL and Python), visualization products (advanced Power BI, Tableau, or Sisense) or public data extraction are all a plus
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly here!
Monday, May 22, 2023