Director of Compensation
- Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search is partnering with a Fortune 500 beauty manufacturer to find a Director of Compensation. This role would be a sole contributor position supporting compensation for all of North America. The position is open after an individual retired from a great career with the organization. The position reports to the SVP of Global Total Rewards and partners closely with North American HR leaders. This role is offering a fully remote or hybrid work schedule.
- Development and implementation of competitive compensation structures and processes enabling the North American team to attract and retain the right talent at the right price.
- Managing and driving year-end compensation programs, including salary, merit increases, bonuses, and promotions as per the global processes put in place by the company
- Conducting and participating in appropriate salary benchmarking surveys
- Assessing market conditions and pay practices to ensure the competitiveness of internal compensation levels and present findings to the senior HR team
- Managing the job grading system for North America
- Working with HR colleagues to develop appropriate job grading and salary levels for new positions.
- Conducting training and education on compensation programs and year-end processes
- Maintaining knowledge of current issues and laws related to compensation and assure organizational adherence.
- Providing HR colleagues answers to questions they have about compensation for their organizations
- Maintaining compensation data and ensuring accuracy
- Providing input on local sales plans to ensure continued drive of the right behavior(s) leading to increased profitability.
- Be part of the global compensation team and as such be involved on global compensation projects as grading system, Information System implementation or any other special projects as needed.
What you'll bring to the position:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree with emphasis in HR or related field required; (SPHR, CCP) certification preferred.
- Minimum of 8+ years of direct experience in the area of compensation development and administration.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Self-motivated and proactive problem solver adept at achieving results individually and working in a team-oriented environment to meet established deadlines and achieve results
- Advanced skill level in PowerPoint and Excel, including use of V-Lookups, charts/graphs, macros and pivot tables, is strongly desired
- Delivers high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are preferred
- Excellent planning and project management skills with emphasis of projects from start to finish including needs identification and assessment, solution design and implementation of compensation programs and processes.
- Strong systems capabilities; knowledge of Success Factors a plus.
- Consultative skills and ability to lead and work on cross-functional teams.
Things to mention:
- Competitive salary based on your qualities and experience;
- Bonus plan based on your performance and company results
- Targeting a base salary of 180,000-200,000 + annual bonus
Tuesday, November 15, 2022