Senior Manager Financial Planning - Global organization
- Chicago, IL
Our client, a leading publicly-held insurance and financial services organization, headquartered in the Chicago Loop, is seeking to hire an experienced Senior Manager Financial Planning to their growing team!
The company has grown significantly through acquisition recently and is seeking a top-performing experienced finance professional for this critical role. Overall, their FP&A Department is focused on becoming a best-in-class department that is guided by a philosophy of adding value and improving the operations of the organization.
- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
- Save for your future with 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
- Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
- Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
- Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
The Senior Manager, FP&A, will allocate their time between strategic projects for the CFO, developing the annual financial plan and analysis of monthly financial results. Highly desirable candidates will have extensive Excel modeling experience within the financial services industry and a thought framework grounded in economic theory, with the ability to identify financial drivers and assumptions within a business process. Candidates should be comfortable and confident challenging assumptions within a business model, have experience working with large amounts of unstructured data and be a self-starter who enjoys performing meaningful analysis that informs and drives business decisions.
- Build, maintain and calibrate business models to facilitate effective planning, analysis and decision making throughout the organization.
- Identify key financial drivers and assumptions within a business process, structure the identified drivers to tell a story, and develop a financial model to be used for planning purposes.
- Aggregate and organize financial data from multiple platforms and systems; suggest procedural changes to increase the accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency of models and reports used or produced by the team.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations that summarize results of financial analysis and model outputs, suitable for multiple audiences, including Senior Executives and the Board of Directors.
- Document work processes, including data sources and definitions; ensure data accuracy.
- Frequently interact and coordinate with other departments to address business issues and to meet organizational objectives.
- Lead the annual planning and re-forecasting process, working closely with business partners.
- Prepare and analyze portions of the monthly operating review package; summarize findings into actionable business insights.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related quantitative discipline; MBA preferred but not required.
- 8 years of corporate finance or analysis experience.
- Advanced Excel modeling skills and PowerPoint skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert in a broad range of data analysis, statistical and data management methods.
- Superior financial acumen and analytical ability.
- Able to deliver accurate work products that meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools (Tableau) desired.
- Experience with Workday and Adaptive Planning is desirable, but not required.
Monday, March 16, 2020