Assistant Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Chicago, IL
Why This Role Is Valuable
The AVP, Diversity Equity & Inclusion Manager Consultant will develop and drive the DEI strategies to enhance the workplace. This role will work with the VP of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to build an inclusive culture comprised of a diverse workforce that impacts our communities. The responsibilities for this role will include managing and executing projects and initiatives that weave DEI into all facets of the business.
How You Add Value
- Support DEI goals for each year
- Align efforts and activities with our DEI commitments (e.g., representation, retention)
- Organize others into action around building more diverse, equitable, and inclusive environments
- Partner with Business Partners, L&D, TA and other People & Culture functions to support inclusive learning, retention, and advancement strategies to attract, hire and retain a diverse workforce for roles at all levels within the organization
- Create, oversee and support the development of Employee Resource Groups in efforts to deepen the sense of belonging, community and inclusion
- Listen to and act on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion within the organization, the local communities, and nationally.
- Develop and implement key metrics to measure DEI initiatives and programs using systems and business strategies.
- Look for ways to improve on strategies and make recommendations through data analysis over time
- Utilize and interpret data and analytics to understand progress to help achieve annual DEI goals
- Network extensively with external partners, consultants, and industry experts to target, and determine best appropriate resources for the enterprise
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years' DEI experience
- Experience developing and leading DEI programs
- Track record of promoting and supporting successful DEI strategies and/or programs to all levels of employees throughout an organization
- Work experience navigating cultural differences, gender equity, religious tolerance, structural racism, ageism, gender identity and expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability
- Ability to manage projects and stakeholders with diplomacy
Wednesday, October 26, 2022