Senior Accountant - Consolidations and Reporting
- Chicago, IL
Our client, a Fortune 1000 insurance and financial services organization has grown significantly recently through acquisitions and is seeking a top performer for a Senior Accountant role at their Chicago loop headquarters!
The organization has a strong reputation for developing their employees for higher roles within the department, as well as for other functions across its operating entities. Their dynamic work environment encourages critical thinking, engaging and empowering accounting professionals to work collaboratively with others outside the accounting/finance function, which allows employees to achieve their potential, while still enabling work/life flexibility!
- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
- Save for your future with 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
- Learn and Grow with Tuition Assistance Programs, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
- Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
- Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
- Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through company perk programs.
This role will have a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Preparing and consolidating monthly journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, allocations of expenses throughout the organization, and analyzing trends in data.
- Consolidating company operating information for internal and external financial reporting, preparing quarterly and annual financial statements and preparing footnote disclosures for 10-Q and 10-K SEC filings.
- Assisting in designing, preparing, and analyzing management reports.
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities for process improvements for the department focusing on controls.
- Supporting the consolidation and reporting functions.
- 3+ years of experience in corporate accounting.
- Insurance / financial services experience is a plus.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus.
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management, Workiva/Webfilings, and Blackline a strong plus.
- Progressive thinking skills, a strong work ethic, and a knack for innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills to interact with varying levels of management and professional staff.
Friday, May 10, 2019