Senior Manager, Internal Audit & Compliance - 100% Remote
- Boston, MA
Born out of advanced research, this biotech company is building and redesigning the living world to answer global challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. As a rapidly growing, multinational public company, they're looking for a Senior Manager for Internal Audit & Compliance to help build a best-in-class Internal Audit and Compliance Department.
In this role, you would directly report to the Head of Internal Audit & Compliance, and have frequent interactions with top company leaders, including the Chief Accounting Officer,
Legal, the Chief Information Security Officer and others. You would be instrumental in developing the company's compliance program, designing and implementing FCPA controls, identifying business and technology risks, and more.
- Assist in the development of the Company’s compliance program
- Assist in the design and implementation of efficient and effective FCPA controls across the organization Implement documentation including process flowcharts, process narratives, risk and controls matrix and evaluate controls
- Assist in identifying and evaluating business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement and implementation
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions
- Lead the effort of testing the effectiveness of controls, including planning, execution of the plan and documentation while adhering to overall project timelines
- Collaborate with process and control owners for remediation of identified deficiencies, advising them on internal control enhancements or process changes, as appropriate
- Supporting process owners through training, reviewing, and providing guidance for their processes Staying current to changes in regulatory guidance, industry best practices, and areas of focus/hot topics for external audits
- Coordinate with process and control owners and external auditors for the audit of the Company's internal controls
- Proactively identify and monitor process and system changes that result from our growth, international expansion, software application changes, accounting integration in connection with acquisitions and other areas of change that have a direct impact the Company's financial statements and related disclosures
- Develop internal audit function and internal audit plans and timelines
- Support ad-hoc projects as they arise
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Active Certified Public Accounting (CPA) license
- 5+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of direct SOX 404 compliance, internal controls, internal auditing, accounting and/or testing experience.
- Experience of the ideal candidate includes visibility to public company accounting and reporting such as through an audit/ assurance role within a large public accounting firm such as the Big 4.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge of COSO, PCAOB auditing standards, Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements as well as business process best practices
- Progressive experience with deep understanding of SOX 404 requirements including defining and designing internal controls over financial reporting
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to be self motivated and independent
- MSA or MBA degree
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) licensure
- Working knowledge with Oracle NetSuite; Blackline; Workiva; and Celigo. Workday and Coupa expertise
- Prior experience supervising and collaborating with global teams; demonstrated adaptability with verbal and written communication across business cultures and and time zones
- Strong attention to detail, meticulous organizational skills and strong desire for continuous improvement
- Self-motivated and strong ability to work independently in a dynamic environment, driven towards superior effort and performance
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, specifically in developing positions and presenting to management, auditors, and non-accounting stakeholders
- An innate curiosity with a default “trust but verify” mindset
Wednesday, June 28, 2023