- Chicago, IL
The Billing Assistant will assist the Billing Specialists and Billing Managers with both billing and administrative support. The position offers exposure and opportunities to learn billing operations and to opportunity to interact with the firm’s lawyers, secretaries, and other accounting departments. The ideal candidate for this position will be adaptable, organized, detail-oriented and deadline-focused.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Present invoice maintenance. This includes narrative edits, time transfers, invoice splitting, and cost exception updates.
- Prepare draft bills, and other reports as necessary.
- Assist with the printing, sorting, and routing of monthly proformas.
- Upload electronic invoices and ensure accuracy.
- Monitor status of the electronic invoices to ensure the invoice is moving forward towards approval and payment. Submit appeals through the electronic billing systems.
- Submit accrual estimates and billing rates/fee offers in the electronic billing systems.
- Follow up with attorneys as requested by Billing Specialists or the Billing Manager.
- Perform administrative duties including duplicating, mailing, proofreading, and scanning of invoice packets.
- Assist management as the billing point person for a small portfolio ofclientst and billing partners
- Assist in testing system upgrades or conversions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Tuesday, January 31, 2023